The Crown and the Thorn

Apologies for being a bit Rob Ryan 'top heavy' over the past month or so, but here's one last hit.
Mr Ryan was commissioned by Living Etc magazine to make a commemorative plate to mark the forthcoming wedding of Prince William & Kate Middleton. Here's what he's come up with (this is a one off piece)...
 It reads:
'The Crown and the Throne and the lions and the unicorns & the bowing & scraping and all the Palaces and the privileges are worth nothing if you will not spend every day of your life with me until I die.' 

Wouldn't it be romantic if this is what William actually stood up & declared? Um.

Comments

I've just found out today that Stroud Museum in the Park are holding a joint exhibition of Edward Bawden and his son Richard's work next moth - thought you might be interested. I'm going next week and will probably blog about it, so I hope I can take photos.

Here's the link, just in case you fancy a trip over to Glarstershire...

http://www.museuminthepark.org.uk/general.asp?pid=24&pgid=2635

I
Murgatroyd said…
ZOWIE! Thank you for the update VK. I'll happily skip over the border to look at that. I'm off to check it out right now....
Hee! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. As we share the same influences, I thought you'd be interested. If you've got time, have a wander into Stroud itself; there's some interesting independant shops especially if you head to the top of the High Street where there's an great secondhand/collectors bookshop, a house clearence shop opposite and a couple of doors down a vintage shop. Hope you have a lovely day out!
Murgatroyd said…
Ooh yes, I found that very street last time I was there. The guy in the vintage shop does a radio show (but you probably know that already);)